I previously wrote a post called Gym Rat where I explained my goals for the gym and what I was doing, eating etc.
And after a long hard slog of almost 4 months, my efforts have still made minimal difference.
I am still the same weight as the last post (having lost 5 lbs from when I first started in January) and I’m still eating as healthily as is humanly possible, attending the gym 3/4 times a week and generally having a more active lifestyle.
My previous goals were:
- Concentrate my cardio time to the cross trainer and swimming as I enjoy these and they burn the most amount of calories
- Increase the type of arm weights and number of reps for each type
- Complete as many crunches as humanly possible! (this is no easy feat for me!)
- Try out new classes so I don’t get bored. First up is Body Combat, an aerobics based class with lots of punching and kicking movements.
I completed tasks 1, 2 and 4, with 3 being the most complicated for me and therefore the one I admittedly slacked off on.
However, having upped my cardio a hideous amount (my body hates me!) to burn off more calories, finding myself working along all of the fixed weights in the gym a few times and attempting new classes such as Body Combat and Abs and Stretch i would have thought this would have made a difference.
I found a list of measurements that I took of myself last March (2011), and compared them to now, and in all honesty I was GUTTED.
I was exactly the same everywhere….apart from my hips and stomach which I was BIGGER on.
Bearing in mind I can’t eat bread and dairy foods too much as I’m intolerant, giving me a diet of porridge, salad and a healthy evening meal, you would have thought this amount of exercise would have made a difference wouldn’t you??
I’ve also been walking the dog once a day in addition to what I was doing during the last post.
So looking forward from this and trying to be optimistic…My previous aim was my birthday which has been and gone, so my new aim is my last minute admission onto a university course in the USA during the summer term.
This means i have a reason to wear a bikini that i previously did not….yikes!
The time frame I have is 6 weeks….not an ideal amount of time but I just have to work with it.
I’m going to simplify my aims this time so that i will actually do all of them (hopefully?!)
- Up the number of repetitions and types of arm weights, arms are out all the time so anything I can do to tone them up at this late stage would be awesome
- Crunch, plank, side plank, twist etc etc etc my way into having some sort of toned midriff. I’m going to try every damn stomach exercise I can to tighten it up, as anything is better than the current state!
I want to look like this!
Quite simply: Curves and muscle.
Do you have any tips for me? Do you have a similar problem with not being able to lose weight/fat?
Any stomach or arm exercises or weights that you love doing and know work?
It’s not that I’m too bothered by the number on the scales…but I’d like to be smaller than I am whether that reduces it or not.
This is my cry for help! Seriously if you’re reading this and possibly have a tip, suggestion or even a passing thought….WRITE IT BELOW!!!!