I’ve got a different kind of post for you today. I’m one of those people that always wants their hair to grow….but I can’t resist having it trimmed regularly either because I hate having dead ends which always look worse on longer hair.
So I’ve been trying to grow that little bit longer each month and I think I’ve got some tips on how to make it grow longer and stay in better condition that i thought I’d share.
1) Condition, condition, condition! This isn’t a new thing but its so important to keep your hair strong. My favourite products for this are Mane n Tail conditioner (post here), Aussie’s 3 minute miracle and Macadamia’s Deep Repair Masque.
I use the Mane n Tail conditioner throughout the week and then the Aussie and Macadamia once per week depending on which I can afford!
2) Detangler, Heat Protection and Protein Sprays. Use as many as you like but all will help. I was never a fan for hair products as I never felt they did anything, but the detangler will help when you brush your hair and stop hair breaking as easily. I am currently using Ojon’s Revitalising Mist. Heat protection sprays I have no idea about really, but apparently they do work and I think if a light covering over your hair prevents even a small percentage of it from heat I’m all for it!
As for Protein Sprays there’s only one for me and its the Label.M Protein Spray. It’s lightweight and really does the job for adding an extra hit for your hair.
3) Tangle Teezer. I barely need to say any more, but I can assure you since getting one for Christmas I have never gone back and used my paddle brush since.
It has stopped my hair breakage almost 100% and glides through my tangles without pulling or snapping any of them yet the miraculously disappear. This would be my number one tip for anyone wanting hair growth!
4) Give up the styling. For some people this is really hard. Unfortunately/fortunately for me I have to wear my hair tied up and in a bun every single day which has helped greatly with reducing my usage of heated styling. I seem to end up straightening or curling my hair twice a month now for special occasions but its made a huge difference to my hair.
Even if you could swap 2 days of beautifully styled hair for a neat bun it will help a lot. Bun rings are all the rage at the moment and for an extra bit of hydration I have covered the ends of my hair in oil before tying it up in a bun so it can hydrate itself all day long whilst I’m working!
I’m currently using Ojon’s Rare Blend Oil.
5) Food. One of my favourite topics! I believe that a diet rich in protein, veg and good fats has made a huge difference to my skin and hair.
Not only is it better for yourself to eat a diet like this anyway but it will greatly improve your skin, hair, nails and general fitness and wellbeing.
Try adding in some extra oily fish like salmon, nuts, eggs, spinach, sweet potato, poultry and greek yogurt to your diet a few times a week and your hair will definitely improve from lank to full bodied and shiny.
I hope this has been helpful for you, it’s made a massive difference for my hair and its now almost at waist level…..woohoo!