So last week, our 101 things ended! I can’t believe how quickly those 1001 days have gone. A lot has changed and after some chats with L I’m going to be taking more of a back seat on the blog. At the moment I just can’t find the time to give to blogging as much as I’d like. Last week I started my certificate of competence in work so as well as uni I have a portfolio to now complete as well as working full time and everything else. I will miss blogging as regularly but hopefully stepping back means I can really enjoy blogging again and it will come across in my posts!
So today I though I’d share how I got on with my 101 things.
1. Learn to drive – this didn’t happen I have no desire to!
2. Read 5 classic novels (The Best of Everything Rona Jaffe, The picture of Dorian Grey) So only two. That’s not great!
3. Get the dream job (either go back to uni or find another) Starting back at University in Sept which should lead to the dream job!! 4. Sell a cake to someone ( 3 cakes sold last week, huge smile)
5. Visit Paris- I had the opportunity but a lack of leave from work meant I had to turn it down. GUTTED
Try 10 new foods (1. Sushi 2.wasabi peas 3. hollandaise sauce, 4. seabass, 5. black pudding 6. kippers, 7. Taramasalata 8. Pate 9. Lava Bread 10. Creme Brulee )
7. Go on a girls holiday
8. Ring to my grandparents more often (ringing them fortnightly, it’s hard as neither of them can hear me, now ring on fridays to have a quick chat)
9. Give Star Wars a chance and watch all the films
Start a hobby or exercise class (Half there on this one, I now regularly run, I also do kickboxing and the gym)
11. Volunteer in a homeless shelter
Get out of my overdraft -I am technically out of it but paying back the debt regularly
Get extensions (my hair never grows past shoulder length 🙁 boo) (they are now fitted and I love them, post found here)
14. Watch 100 new films (1. The Vow, 2. 500 days of summer 3. Avengers 4. The Midnight Meat Train 5. Hard Candy 6. The Lazarous Project 7. Spy Hard 8.Horrible bosses 9. XMen origins 10. Usual Suspects 11. Passengers 12. Basketball 13.The mothman prophecies 14.Nightwatch 15. Flightplan 16.The Mist, 17. Peacock 18. Borat 19. American Pie Reunion 20. 2 days in New York 21. Magic Mike 22. Spiderman 23. Batman 24. Ted 25. Friends With Benefits 26. Twilight 27. Casino Royale 28. Quantum of Solace 29. Skyfall 30. Silver Linings Playbook. 31.LOTR 1 32. LOTR 2 33 LOTR 3 (really wasn’t interested in them so don’t know the names but I sat through them. 34. Star Wars iv 35. Star Wars v 36. Star Wars vi 37. Avengers Assemble 38. Django Unchained, 39. Wreck it Ralph, 40. Antiviral, 41. The Campaign, 42.Taken 2, 43. Les Mis, 44. Anchorman 2 45. Hunger Games Catching FIre 46. Star Wars 1 47. Star Wars 2 48. Star wars 3 49. The Impossible 50. White house down 51. I’m sure there is more. I watch them and forget to add them. I gave up adding these to the list! )
15. Get down to 10 stone (Eating healthy and exercising now. Got below it for holiday but haven’t maintained)
16. Visit 5 new places in the UK (1. Stratford upon Avon, 2. Brighton 3.Southhampton 4. Lake District 5. Ogmore by Sea 17. Have a BBQ on the beach like old times 18. Have organised storage for my make up and nail varnish (make up now sorted out and stored better but still not how I want it. Post on it here.) 19. Continue blogging
Get a new piercing (I got a surface piercing by my tragus)
21. Go to go ape (tree top adventure) – The boy has promised to take me here now!
22. Be a tourist in my own town (go on the red bus) (I have now been to the museum) L and I decided the bus was too exprensive!
23. Purchase a food processor (seems a random one but I love cooking and baking) just haven;t been able to afford one. One day I will.
Win a competition (I’m yet to win a competition) (won a necklace from Adorning Ava a competion hosted on http://www.theagoraphobicfashionista.com/, whooo)
Purchase a Mulberry (I got myself Mulberry shoes so I’m counting this) 26. Visit the science museum
Purchase my first item of Mac (eeeek, I love it all already, here is my haul)
Own over 100 nail varnishes (With the addition of my Ciate Mini Mani Month I’ve reached this)
Do my third half marathon
Actually train for it (the other two I’ve done with out training and that ended in pain) I trained a bit but let myself down the 8 weeks before!
32. Go to a Roller Disco / Derby
33. Learn a language
34. Get first aid qualified
Donate platelets 10 times (providing I test ok to do it, if not give blood every 3 months) (It turned out my viens weren’t suitable for platelet donations but I have given blood as regualry as I can!)
36. Host a Dinner Party
37. Go to 3 weddings (this I can’t control but I love weddings) As of June this will be done and I have one in september so technically that’s four
Be in the audience for a tv show – brother took me to x factor
Watch the sunrise on a beach – another one the Other half has promised to take me! Next sunday we should be doing this!
40. Visit a food festival
41. Go to newt beer fest
42. Go to V fest
Go to Glastonbury
Actually meet up with a friend I’ve not seen for 4 years (whooo saw her on 18.5.12, will be doing this more)
Reach 100 blog followers (whooo we have recently done this withint the past week 5.9.12 so happy to have reached this)
46. Ride a mechanical bull
. Inspire someone else to do this list
48. Stop biting my nails and get them strong and healthy (By using nail envy for almost a month and painting them less they are definitely better, haven’t bit them in ages either. Started biting them again this week (10.8.12) so annoyed at myself)
49. Sell 50 things on ebay (15.2.12 15 items sold, 29.2.12 5 items sold 19.4.12 10 items sold, 1.8.12 sold 8 items, 3.7.13 3 items sold)
Go to a gig I’ve been to quite a few! It’s great to be back listening to music!
51. Make a three course meal for my family
52. Say yes to 20 things you’d normally say no to (I am really trying to do this and have lately definitely been putting myself out there and going to occasions where I only know one person which usually is the birthday person)
53. Learn the flute
Grow a plant from a seed Whooo grew some herbs!
Knit a scarf (yay I completed this and I’m pretty inpressed)
Go to a comedy show (went in bristol on 30th June 2012, was really funny)
57. Do 10 outdoor things/ country walks (1. Caerphilly Castle, Caerphilly Mountain, Lake district weekend camping. More walks!)
58. Kiss at the top of the London eye
59. Spend new years eve in a place I’ve not spent it before and a different place each year (this one is now sadly not able to be completed! Personally I hate New Years Eve and set this to make me enjoy it more which hasn’t happened and this year L and I decided to have an quiet night in after spending way too much the weekend before)
Attend a midnight première (L and I went to see Twilight)
61. Take a pole dancing class
62. Start saving for a house deposit (this could be happening. I have the option to buy a house but since breaking up with the Ex and moving into a houseshare I’m now happy living with people so I’m unsure what to do.)
63. Take a sleeper train
64. Go to a national park Breacon Beacons and the Lake District!
65. Watch wiked – my brother has given me vouchers to make this happen!
Watch a live rugby match – I still want to go to the millenium stadium but i have seen some now!
67. Identify 10 constellations
68. Buy a homeless man a meal
70. Make a bar area in my house / flat
71. Take a road trip Went to the lake district!
72. Bake 10 new things (lemon roulade, profiteroles, pannacotta)
73. Sort out my music collection and regularly add to it. (I’m now using spotify and making playlists all the time.)
74. Watch a ballet
75. Go to a burlesque show
Get a fish pedicure Never again!
Create a tumbler and do project 365 (take a photo everyday for a year) (again I’ve now missed the opportunity to complete this. Maybe I’ll start soon and just aim for 6 months) I did 100 happy days! That’s enough for me!
78. Go skiing (can be a dry ski slope)
Read 50 new books (1. mini shopaholic by sophie kinsella 2. book of the dead by patricia cornwell 3. James Patterson Private London, 4. 50 shades of grey, 5. 50 shades darker, 6. 50 shades freed, 7. the hunger games, 8 catching fire, 9 the mocking jay 10. James Patteron 11th Anniversary 11.We bought a zoo Benjamin Mee, 12. Blue Monday Nicci French, 13. James Patterson Kill Alex Cross, 14. The People Next Door Christopher Ransom, 15.Jamer Patterson Merry Christmas Alex Cross, 16. Salmon fishing in the Yemen Paul Torday, 17. Chris Carter The night Stalker, 18. Chris Carter The Executioner, 19. Silver Linings Playbook David O Russell, 20. The lucky one Nicholas Sparks,21. A Walk to Remember Nicholas Sparks, 22. The Help Kathryn Stockett, 23. Rojer Stelljes The St Paul Conspiracy, 24. Roger Stelljes Deadly Stillwater 25. again not updating this regularly means I’ve missed out on lots of books. At least 6 more books were read on the exs kindle. I’m back reading regularly which was what I wanted and I forgot to add so many books! )
80. Get engaged (hopefully this will happen as by then I’ll be 25 and I would like to be engaged by then ) This is another one now off the list after me and the Ex broke up as it definitely won’t be happening in the next 10 months but I’m also happy it won’t be. A friend said something to me on her wedding day that really hit home about how much I had settled for something that wasn’t right for me. It was hard to hear but she was 100% right. Now I’m doing what makes me happy!
Give up alcohol for a month I did this before tough mudder! I’m not sure it made any difference
82. Send 20 handwritten letters to loved ones
83. Make my own skirt
84. Send a shoe box to Africa at Christmas
Go without chocolate for a month I did this in February. I don’t think it made any difference
86. Take an evening class / short course
87. Have a friend choose a complete outfit and you have to buy it
Bake 5 celebration cakes ( 5 baked, brothers vw van, mums flower cake and cupcakes and boyfriends hockey jersey, 30th birthday cake and baby shower cake)
89. Send anonymous flowers to someone having a bad day/week
90. Sleep on a beach
91. Make my own wine
Go to the driving range This was so fun! I want to do it more!
93. Learn basic household DIY (plumbing etc)
94. Dress up for Halloween and have a party (L and I did dress up and go out but no party!)
95. Go go-karting or zorbing
96. Go on a camping trip I really actually like comping!
97. Do 5 random acts of kindness (bought a homeless man some food, will be doing more often seeing how grateful he was)
See the Northern Lights This is booked!! I’m so excited!!
99. Learn to surf
100. Volunteer abroad
101. Be happy with what I have at the end of this
51 things complete in that time!! Half started and some not attempted!! A lot has changed for me but I’m so much happier now. I have made another bucket list but one without a deadline! Having a list with things to tick off definitely helps!!
Do you have wishlists?